St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust has formally come together as one Trust.
The new Trust is called Mersey and West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and all services at all health and care sites continue to operate as they currently are.
By bringing our teams and resources together, we can focus on new and exciting visions and plans for our people and patients, more job opportunities for our staff and more patients being seen and treated, and better outcomes for our patients and communities.
Mersey and West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals began serving its local residents on 1 July 2023, in the same week as the NHS’s 75th anniversary.
We serve a population of over 600,000 with a combined workforce of around 9,000 dedicated and skilled staff delivering acute hospital care, intermediate care, primary care, and community-based services.
We provide regional services for burns, plastic surgery, and spinal injuries, to more than four million people across Merseyside and West Lancashire, Cheshire, The Isle of Man and North Wales.
- New, exciting visions and plans for our new organisation which engage our people and patients.
- More job opportunities, patients seen and treated, and investment where it’s needed most.
- Better outcomes for our patients and communities, better access to our services,
- and a better patient experience.
- Albion Street Clinic
- Fingerpost Medical Centre
- Four Acre Medical Centre
- Garswood Medical Centre
- Haydock Medical Centre
- Horton Lodge
- Jubilee Court
- Knowsley College
- Lowe House
- Mill Street Medical Centre
- Newton Community Hospital
- Ormskirk Hospital
- Rainford Health Centre
- Rainhill Clinic
- Southport & Formby Hospital
- Southport Centre for Health & Wellbeing
- St Helens Hospital
- St Helens Urgent Treatment Centre
- St Hugh’s House
- Wheelchair Service
- Whiston Hospital