Lead Employer Service
Mersey and West Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the Lead Employer for over 11,000 medical professionals. The service supports doctors and dentist-in-training throughout the full length of their training, overseeing all employment matters across six HEE regions (North West, West Midlands, East of England, East Midlands, Thames Valley, London and the South East).
The Lead Employer model is focused on improving the working lives of colleagues in speciality training, helping them to succeed in their chosen career paths and this is carried out through their five primary work areas:
Employment Services, Case Management, Workforce Information, Payroll Services and Health Work and Wellbeing.
Working alongside host organisations and Health Education England, trainees are supported throughout their specialty training journey.
The Lead Employer model offers a number of benefits to all stakeholders, including:
- A full trainee employment life cycle
- Continuous management and support
- Equitable treatment of Trainees
- Improved Governance
- Economies of scale savings for the local health economy
- Overview of regional good/bad practice
- Development of expertise and regional employment support
- Regional training and reporting
- Greater ability to deliver change across the local health economy
Please visit the Lead Employer website to learn more about the service.